Competitors unable to fulfill their commitments must notify the WAFA Barbados Secretariat (via the email firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the show. There will be no refund of the Registration Fee nor the Competiion Entry Fee for Imposed, Mail-in and Junior Class.
- All Competitive Classes (except Classes 2, 16 & 17) must be staged in situ by the competitor, who must use the specified staging. Attachments to, and the moving of the staging, is not permitted unless specified in the particular class.
- Competitors may use pre-constructed or pre-woven plant material, but it may not be of a dominant component of the exhibit. Items requiring special time or expertise for their preparation, may be brought ready assembled for incorporation in any exhibit, but may not dominate.
- Competitors' badges MUST be worn at all times.
- Only competitors and officials will be allowed in the halls during staging times.
- Staging time for competitive exhibits (except Classes 2 & 17, Imposed Classes 11, 14 & 18, Junior Class 16) will be strictly enforced from 06:00 - 11:00 on Wednesday 21 June, 2017.
- Imposed Class competitors, Classes 11, 14 & 18 MUST stage their entries from 08:00 - 11:00.
- Exhibits for Classes 2, 16 & 17 may be pre-posted or hand delivered to the venue,Tuesday 20 June between 17:00 - 19:00.
Information to be supplied when accepted into Class.
- No help may be given regarding preparation or construction of an exhibit (except if required to lift a heavy object, and only then at the discretion of a show official).
- Although every care is taken to ensure great accuracy, all measurements in the staging instructions are approxiamate. All exhibits must be staged within the space provided, using the specified staging, unless otherwise indicated in the schedule. Attachments to, and moving of staging is not permitted.
- Competitors must place their waste material in bags provided by the Show Committee and remove it from the hall.
- Aerosol / spray painting is NOT permitted in the halls.
- Competitors wishing to use electrical equipment, please note that the Supply is 110 Volts, 50 Hertz cycle.
- Competitors may not bring any refreshments into the halls. Light refreshments will be available.
- Judging will be conducted according to the International World Show Rules and Regulations in this scedule.
No persons other than Judges, their Stewards and Show Officials will be permitted in the halls whilst judging is in progress.
The decisions of the Judges' Panel are final.
- Competitors are required to maintain their exhibits in prime condition for the duration of the show. Maintenance of exhibits may be carried out from 07.30 - 08.30 each morning. The Committee reserves the right to change or remove faded plant material.
All Competitors' property is at their own risk and they must be responsible for their own insurance, if deemed necessary. The Barbados Association of Floral Artists (BAFA) and the World Association of Floral Artists (WAFA) do not accept any liability for loss or damage to any of the competitors' property.
Dismantling time for all competitors is Sunday 25 June, from 20.30 - 22.00. To ensure security of competitors and their property, the halls will be vacated completely from 20.00 - 20:25 except for members of WAFA Barbados Show Committee. Competitors wearing badges will be admitted at 20:30. Any exhibits or parts thereof remaining unattended in the halls after 22.00 will be deemed abandoned and will be disposed of.
Agreement to the above Regulations is declared by completing the Registration Form.
For queries please contact:
WAFA Barbados Secretariat
Suite 104-F, BIDC Bldg #2
Harbour Road, St. Michael
Tel: (246) 622-2421